Pixel Mythology Pixel Mythology

this was fun :D i really like the characters & animation, everything fits the music very nicely! with the colours you really took a risk, but i find them very appealing. the staging could use some work, because there are some adorable actions, but you hardly notive them unless you replay a scene multiple times or slow it down.
and why don't you spend a few more hours on creating some sort of story or plot? i'm sure it wouldn't even be a lot of work compared to the time it took you to animate all this.
great short however! ;)

♪♫ My 2015 ♫♪ ♪♫ My 2015 ♫♪

you're pretty swell

LinkTCOne responds:

hey well thanks, so are you :)

A Day in the Park A Day in the Park

24h? like, you and your friends created this in only 1 day? impressive!

Passion for Moving Pictures (Nickfluence Entry) Passion for Moving Pictures (Nickfluence Entry)

man, i really hope a jury has the final word on this contest. because right now, you can't really take the "top" entries seriously. Good luck!

MADARAK MADARAK

I loved every second of it! You really managed to create an impressive atmosphere! I found it especially impressive how nothing felt out of place although you combined so many techniques. Great work!

Eden Blue - Story Trailer (Pre - Alpha) Eden Blue - Story Trailer (Pre - Alpha)

sounds like this could become a great game, i love how atmospheric the trailer was.
but unfortunately this doesn't work very well as an exposition, because it doesn't really make sense. why has knowledge become a weapon? why are the fights still physical then? and why did you chose a characterdesign that looks cool, but makes even less sense?
I'm really excited for what you'll present to us once this thing is finished, but so far I'm just left with a bunch of questions.

CartoonCoffee responds:

Thanks for the comment! I totally see where you're coming from, and you bring up very good points. Things like why knowledge became a weapon, 'physical' fights, and even the character designs have all been thought out. I feel giving you the answer to all that now in text would be unsatisfying for both you and me, hopefully you'll stick around to discover the answers for yourself on release. Or maybe you'll be able to piece it together before then with the upcoming content we have planed.

Either way, thanks for the comment and I hope to hear more from you in the future.

Battleship Cathy Battleship Cathy

"Inside Out stole the idea!" Bullshit, the idea of having little peeps in your head is as old as humanity itself. On another note, docter came up with the first ideas for Inside Out in 2009 (although i don't know when the idea for this short "battleship cathy" was born).

However, non of it should matter since both films are amazing!

The Machine The Machine

looks great as always, I really like the new direction you took with this one. makes me wonder where you will take the next animation, what world you will introduce next

and the music is amazing, mad props to carlonec!

Obligation Obligation

"what the fuck overall" sums it pretty much up, but that's what I love about all your animations!
appearently bensapphire lost his last 30 brain cells, since his review is pretty shit. It's not you best work, but since it's one of your oldest shorts thats only natural.
keep it up!

noiserover responds:

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Up in the Sky Up in the Sky

Very beautifully made, I really love the whole atmosphere of this short. You really managed to create an elaborate animation, very smooth and well drawn. I just feel the story could have used some more thought (it bothered me a little, that he didn't just tie the ballon to the cross?).
however, for the short time you had it's really amazing!

TheSilleGuy responds:

I actually thought about him tieing the balloon to the cross but I only ended up thinking of that AFTER I had animated him putting the stick in the ground and I simply didn't have time to change it. Thanks for the critique! :)